One-minute Herb Oil for Everything
This is an excellent use for “tired” herbs (and their tender stems too).
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: about 3/4 cup
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 large handful of whatever herb—or mix of herbs—you have on hand (basil, parsley, cilantro, dill, fennel tops, celery tops, chives, mint.
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
Optional (add none, any or all of the following)
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1 – 2 anchovies
- Toss everything in a blender, hit high, and let motor run for 1 minute. BOOM, done!!! Will keep in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 weeks as long as some oil covers the top
Source: Bob Blumer