- Serves: 4
- 1 cup mashed cooked pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon + ½ teaspoon salt
- flour, to dust
- 100g butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 100g feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup Parmesan, finely grated
- fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the mashed pumpkin in a large bowl and sift in the flour and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Knead by hand for several minutes until all the flour is folded in. Transfer dough to a floured surface. Cut into two portions.
- Take one portion and roll as thinly as practically possible on the floured surface, approx 2mm thick. Add a sprinkling of extra flour on the top of the pasta sheet and rub in lightly with your fingers. Roll up the dough into a pinwheel log. Work quickly to chop into 1cm strips. Unfurl the pasta strips immediately and place on a floured surface while you cut the remainder of the roll. Repeat for the remaining portion of pumpkin pasta dough.
- Bring a large pot full of water to the boil and add ½ teaspoon salt. Cook the pasta in small batches 3 minutes, then remove with a slotted spoon once it is cooked. Transfer cooked pasta to a colander while you cook the remaining pasta. The pasta will have a slimy feel when cooked properly.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for several minutes. Add cooked pasta to the garlic butter and coat well. Turn off heat. Add crumbled feta and gently fold through.
- Serve hot with sprinkled parmesan cheese, fresh parsley and ground pepper to taste.