Don’t abandon tomatoes just because of some bruises or wrinkles. Use them to make sauces, soups, or this “bruised-chetta” recipe! Pair it with slices of that day-old baguette that’s gone a little too crusty on your counter.
- Prep Time: 20min
- Serves: 20
- 2 cups over ripe or bruised tomatoes, chopped (4 tomatoes on the vine or 2 beefsteak tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh jalepeno pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Stir everything in a bowl.
- For optimal flavour, leave in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
- Slice up your stale baguette and toast in the oven. Top it off with the bruschetta, and garnish with cilantro.