Grilled Chicken in Lettuce Wraps
Substitute ground pork or turkey. Substitute fish sauce with soy sauce. Alternatively, cook on stovetop in skillet over medium heat.
- Total Time: 30min
- Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp canola oil 30 mL
- 1 lb lean ground chicken 500 g
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chili powder 15 mL
- 2 tbsp lime juice 30 mL
- 2 tbsp orange juice 30 mL
- 1 tbsp fish sauce 15 mL
- 1 tbsp honey 15 mL
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce (optional) 15 mL
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped 75 mL
- 12 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 1/3 cup finely chopped toasted peanuts (optional) 75 mL
- Place 9 in. (23 cm) cast-iron skillet on grill preheated to medium-high. Add oil. Sauté chicken, shallots, red pepper and chili powder 5 to 8 min., until chicken is browned.
- Stir in lime juice, orange juice, fish sauce, honey and Sriracha, if using. Cook 3 to 5 min., until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the cilantro into the mixture. Remove from heat. Makes about 3 cups (750 mL).
- Serve larb mixture in lettuce leaves. Garnish with remaining cilantro and peanuts, if using.