Stale bun chocolate cake
- Prep Time: 15min
- Serves: 6
- 3 stale buns, made into fine breadcrumbs (approx. 125g or 3 ½ cups stale bread)
- 25 grams cocoa powder
- 80 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 35 milliliters non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Heat oven to 175C bake or 155C fan bake and prepare an 8” cake tin by greasing it.
- Mix dry ingredients (first five ingredients) together in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine using a spoon or a hand mixer.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for around 45 minutes or until set and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
- Cool in the tin for about 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Serve as it is or ice with your favourite icing if desired.
- If you have a large enough blender, place all the ingredients into the blender and blitz until combined.
- This recipe can also be made with dairy milk if preferred.
- For a sweeter cake add more sugar, chopped chocolates, or chocolate chips into the mixture.
Source: LFHW New Zealand