This is a great recipe to spice up leftover holiday turkey! Simple and quick recipe that is packed with flavour!
- Prep Time: 20min
- Cook Time: 20min
- Total Time: 40min
- Serves: 4
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Optional Garnish: 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or basil, ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups leftover cooked turkey (shredded or cubed)
- 1 (400ml) can full fat coconut milk
- 1 (540ml) can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- ½ yellow pepper, diced
- ½ orange pepper, diced
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- Optional: 10-12 dried curry leaves
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 tsp fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- In a large saucepot, over medium heat, add oil, onion, garlic, and ginger to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, garam masala, cumin, coriander, dried curry leaves (if using) turmeric, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. Cook until combined and spices are toasted and fragrant.
- Stir in green beans, cauliflower and peppers. Pour over tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a simmer, for about 5 minutes
- Stir in turkey and bring to simmer until turkey is heated through. Taste and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Serve hot, over top of rice or grains and garnish if you like.