This dark leafy green with rainbow stalks is rich in vitamins K and A. Make the most of this superfood using our guide.
- Do not wash until ready to use.
- Remove twist ties and store loosely, with a damp cloth, in an airtight container in the high-humidity drawer of the refrigerator.
- Blanch, immerse in ice water, drain, dry, and then place in an airtight container.
Root to Fruit
- Chard stems make a great substitute for celery, particularly in cooked preparations.
- Soak wilted greens in a bowl of ice water for 5 to 10 minutes to revive crispness.