Preserve bright summer herbs by making and freezing pesto. Frozen pesto adds summer sunshine to dishes all year long.
- Prep Time: 10min
- Yield: 2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups packed fresh basil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cloves garlic minced
- In food processor, finely chop together basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, salt and pepper. With motor running, add 1/3 cup of the oil in thin steady stream. Stir in garlic.
- Divide among four 4-oz (125 mL) airtight jars; top with remaining oil. Refrigerate for up to three days or freeze for up to six months.