Berry Freezer Jam
Use this uncooked jam recipe to preserve summer berries without the fuss. It is not shelf-stable, so it must be frozen for long term storage.
- Prep Time: 15min
- Yield: 4 1/2 cups
- 3 cups crushed berries
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 ounces package pectin crystals
- 3/4 cup water
- Add sugar to crushed berries and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- In small saucepan combine pectin crystals and water. Bring to a boil and cook and stir for one minute.
- Combine with fruit mixture and stir a least three minutes.
- Ladle into containers and cover tightly with lids.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Store in freezer. (Freezer jam is not shelf-stable, so for long-term storage, it must go in the freezer. Keeps for two weeks in the refrigerator or one year in the freezer.)
- Notes: Stone fruit, cherries and blueberries also work well, though you may need to adjust the amount of sugar called for. Ensure you use a pectin that works with no-cook freezer jam and follow the specific instructions.