Turn leftover salad greens into this bright green dip – it’s an delicious way to get in an extra serve of vegetables or two.
- Total Time: 15min
- Serves: 6
- 2 cups frozen peas, defrosted & drained
- 2 cups leafy greens, rocket and/or baby spinach
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped (or ½ tsp minced garlic)
- ½ chilli, seeds removed & finely chopped
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Defrost peas by pouring boiling water over them and leaving for several minutes. Drain.
- Combine peas, along with the leafy greens, onion, garlic and chilli in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
- Add crème fraiche and blitz until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve on toast or on a platter with carrot sticks and crunchy bread snacks.
- Make your own crunchy bread snacks by cutting stale tortillas, wraps, chapatti into even-sized chunks. Heat oven to 180 degrees, sprinkle breads with oil and bake for 3-4 minutes on each side – watching closely so they don’t burn.