Leftover vegetable quiche cups
- Total Time: 45min
- Serves: 12
- 9 eggs
- 1/3 cup 10% half & half cream 75 mL
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme 7 mL
- 1/4 tsp salt 1 mL
- 1/4 tsp pepper 1 mL
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped leftover grilled or roasted vegetables, such as eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, mushrooms, red onions, squash, broccoli, and/or cauliflower 300 mL
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese 125 mL
- 1/3 cup pesto or salsa (optional) 75 mL
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190ºC). Whisk together eggs with cream, thyme, 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt and pepper until blended. Stir in leftover grilled vegetables and cheese. Spoon mixture into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until puffed and set. Cool 5 min.; remove from muffin cups. Serve each quiche -- either hot or cold -- with a drizzle of pesto or salsa, if desired.
- Freeze baked and cooled quiches in re-sealable plastic bag for up to 3 weeks. Reheat from frozen in 375°F (190ºC) oven